And we are proud to be part of the Bernina Ambassador Program.
We also love teaching sewing skills!
The joy that comes from creating your own clothing and homewares warms your soul. Learn to sew and add real benefits to your world!
In a nutshell, sewing:
- Saves money
- Is a practical life skill
- Encourages creativity
- Develops problem solving skills
- Creates independence
Plus sewing skills put you in the driver’s seat by offering you choices:
- Dressing to suit your personal style
- Wearing clothes that actually fit properly
- Choosing fabrics that match your sustainability values
- Creating soft furnishings and homewares that reflect your personality
Our fully equipped studio has eight Bernina sewing machines plus overlockers. Six of our machines are the Bernina 1008s and are real workhorses that are used globally in schools and other training facilities. We rotate through an assortment of sewing projects that includes clothing, cushions, bags, quilts and furniture.
Come join in the fun! We cater for all skill levels.
We are continuing to develop a complete sewing system based around our core pattern ModularME #1.
The system consists of:
- Learning basic sewing skills by making a base top/dress
- Extending your skills, module by module, so you can customise your top/dress to suit your own style
Each module comes with a combination of instructions, patterns and video tutorials to help you along your sewing journey. Also, we offer online tutorial and/or sew-along sessions for the base top/dress and some of the modules.
We offer a range of workshops designed to develop your sewing skills. From complete “newbies” through to experienced sewers, we offer contemporary projects designed to develop your skills and confidence. Our experienced tutors are knowledgeable, patient and very passionate about sewing as well as about the learning process. Our group workshops are small and intimate and are designed to make learning fun and easy.
Sewing projects are taught on a rolling schedule and include:
- Learn to Sew
- Soft furnishings
- Women’s clothes
- Children’s clothes
- Bags, purses and totes