Stitching some comfort for homeless women and children
After the success of last year’s quilt making day, we have decided to hold this community event again. And it is our intention to run it a few times each year.
Thank you to all of you who have supported the victims of domestic violence in the past – we hope you can come again and give your valuable time for such a desperately needed cause.
So on Sunday 10 April from 9.00am to 5.00pm we are holding a Community Sewing Day to make rag quilts. You can come for a few hours or the whole day. Last year was a fantastic success with ten quilts almost completed. We are hoping to make more this year.
When finished and washed, quilts will be donated to DV Connect where they will help women and children fleeing from severe domestic violence.
How can you be involved?
There are a number of ways people can be involved:
- Come along on the sewing day and help by cutting, sorting and stitching the quilt squares
- Come along on the sewing day and make cups of tea!
- Donate fabric that we can use – quilting weight fabric is best…so raid your stash!
- Donate money towards fabric and wadding so that we can make as many quilts as possible
- Collect fabric from your friends and family
- Take the finished quilts home and wash them several times to create the soft frayed rag edges
Date and time:
Anytime between 9am and 5pm on Sunday 10 April 2016
Ministry of Handmade Studio and Verandah
11 Eclipse Street
Bridgeman Downs Q 4035
What to bring:
- If you intend to stay for lunch – please bring something savoury to share
- Quilting fabric
- Sewing thread
Yes, I want to come!
If you would like to come along please complete the form below – it will help us with catering (morning and afternoon tea supplied) and to structure the day to make it the most effective.