What is Makers Escape?
Imagine an event where you can leave behind the cares of your everyday for a weekend and nurture your creative spirit . . . where you can celebrate slow, immerse yourself in making, learn new skills, enjoy great food and make new friends . . . that is Makers Escape North Brisbane.
Our two day creative workshop retreat will feature a wide range of exciting handmade workshops run by talented and passionate tutors with a heart for sharing their craft.
Saturday 27 October to Sunday 28 October 2018.
Our Workshop Venue
In a match almost made in heaven, we are running Makers Escape North Brisbane at St Paul’s School, a Pre-Prep to Year 12 co-educational Anglican School with a global reputation for creativity and innovation. St Paul’s School has recently been named by Cambridge University in the top one hundred innovative schools in the world.
Located at 34 Strathpine Road, Bald Hills, St Paul’s has excellent facilities and stunning garden-like grounds, handy to Brisbane, but in a secluded and quiet location on the banks of the South Pine River. We’ll have plenty of space to spread out, ample off street parking, lots of green open spaces, easy access to the outdoors and with everything on the one level.
Access by car is easy . . . St Paul’s School is minutes from Gympie Arterial Road (M3) via the Strathpine Road off ramp and if public transport is your preferred option, the school is a short level walk from Bald Hills railway station.
What can you expect from Makers Escape North Brisbane?
- FUN! – from 9.00am to 5.00pm on both days
- A great range of exciting handmade workshops
- Dedicated time to work on your own project if you wish
- Talented tutors with a heart for sharing their craft
- Fresh, nourishing and delicious meals
- A loving community of like-minded people
- A space to immerse yourself in making
- An environment to refresh your body, mind and spirit
- A culture of slow
- Fun and laughter
- Optional luxury accommodation nearby at the brand spanking new 4.5 star Eatons Hill Hotel
Both the Full Day Packages and Single Day Packages are now sold out.
Full Two Day Package (both Saturday and Sunday):
- The workshop program (4 sessions)
- Welcome gift
- Meals and drinks – morning tea, champagne lunches and afternoon tea on Saturday and Sunday
New! Single Day Package (either Saturday or Sunday):
- The workshop program (2 sessions)
- Welcome gift
- Meals and drinks – morning tea, champagne lunch and afternoon tea on Saturday or Sunday
Options for the Full Two Day Package and the Single Day Package:
- Saturday night dinner
We have put together a wide range of workshops for you. There are four workshop sessions and in each session there is a choice of six or seven workshops including working independently on your own project. You will be given the opportunity to provide three preferences for each workshop session.
Makers Escape is an all inclusive event which offers workshops as part of a creative weekend away. Please note that we are unable to offer guaranteed places in any particular workshop. Registering for Makers Escape means you are happy to accept any of your workshop preferences.
If you are from out of town or, even if you are local and you LOVE the thought of a weekend away from your normal routine, we have booked some great rooms at the new accommodation tower at the Eatons Hill Hotel precinct.
Accommodation choices: You have the choice of sole occupancy or Twin Share in a King Room including breakfast. Accommodation can be booked for one, two or three nights (depending on when you choose to arrive and leave).
Partners: if you have a partner who wishes to have a week-end away with you but not attend the workshops, he/she is welcome to book in as well.
Alternatively, you have the option of choosing your own accommodation or staying with friends or family in the local area.
On Saturday night, we will be hosting an optional group dinner in a small private function room at the accommodation venue of the hotel. You are welcome to join us for the dinner whether or not you are staying at the hotel. Once you have registered we will be in contact to find out your dinner preferences.
Cost of Makers Escape
The cost is made up of three components:
- The Workshop Package (Full Two Day Package is $549* and the Single Day Package is $275*) includes workshops, welcome gift, morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas.
- Optional accommodation
- Optional Saturday night dinner
* A reduction of $50 per session is given for each session that you choose to work on your own project.
When and how can I register?
Registrations are open now.
You can only register for one person at a time. Group registrations will not be available, however, if you wish to share accommodation with a particular person you will have the opportunity to provide that person’s name.
Registrations are now closed
When registering you be asked to:
- Provide your contact details
- Pay a deposit (Full Two Day Package deposit is $250.00, Single Day Package deposit is $150)
- Select your optional accommodation options
After registering, all successful applicants will be asked to submit their workshop preferences.
A confirmation of your workshop program and your accommodation choice will be emailed to you before the end of September 2018.
The balance of the package price will be payable in the last week of September 2018. This will be invoiced to you separately. Your place at Makers Escape will be confirmed once the deposit and the balance has been paid in full.