Foldover Zippered Clutch
Saturday 27 November 2021
Saturday 27 November 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm$105.00
Imagine tailoring your own clutch purse to coordinate with your outfits! Or creating stunning clutch purses as gifts for friends!
This slimline clutch is adaptable and just as at home at a night out with the girls as it is with a quick dash to the shops!
There are lots of great sewing skills to learn in this workshop…skills that can be transferred to other project…..skills that can build your confidence!!! This project is a modification of our regular Zip Purse Workshop and a perfect example of how skills can enable you to adapt and create your own designs.
Finished size (flat): 240mm W x 300mm H
Tutor: Lauren Weier
Skill level: Must be familiar with the use of a sewing machine
Length: 3.5 hours
- Leather for the zip pull.
- Wadding to give your purse structure and body!
- For the outer: Enough fabric to cut two outer panels that are 33cm H x 26cm W. This fabric should be made of natural fibres (cotton, linen, cotton/linen blend) and about the weight of a light to medium denim.
- For the lining: Enough fabric to cut two outer panels that are 33cm H x 26cm W. This fabric should be cotton and reasonably light, about the weight of quilting material.
- 18cm metal zip
- Matching thread
**Please consider bringing fabric you already have or recycling/upcycling some fabric.
Buy a Kit. You may purchase a fabric kit from Ministry of Handmade if you choose for $20.00. This kit will contain the zip and thread. A variety of colour choices will be available.
In this workshop learn how to:
- Cut from the pattern
- Attach wadding to your fabric
- Make zip tabs
- Insert the zip
- Attach the lining
- Stitch the bag
- Create a leather pull for the zip
What you get to take home:
- Your pattern
- Your finished clutch
- Notes to help you make more clutches
- Confidence to tackle more sewing projects
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket