Zip Purse or Foldover Zippered Clutch
Saturday 15 April 2023
15 April @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm$105.00
Jump into purse making with this easy session!
You’ll learn the basics of creating zippered purses – stitching zips, working with wadding, adding a lining, creating a box corner. There are lots of great sewing skills to learn in this workshop…skills that can be transferred to other projects…..skills that can build your confidence!!!
Imagine tailoring your own zip purses….perfect for storing all sorts of items. Or creating a clutch to coordinate with your outfits! Or making them as gifts for friends!
Tutor: Lauren Weier
Skill level: Must be familiar with the use of a sewing machine
Length: 3.5 hours
- Leather or threads to create the zip pull.
- Wadding to give your purse structure and body!
- For the outer: Enough fabric to cut two outer panels that are 33cm H x 26cm W. This fabric should be made of natural fibres (cotton, linen, cotton/linen blend) and about the weight of a light to medium denim.
- For the lining: Enough fabric to cut two outer panels that are 33cm H x 26cm W. This fabric should be cotton and reasonably light, about the weight of quilting material.
- 20cm zip (not invisible)
- Matching thread
**Please consider bringing fabric you already have or recycling/upcycling some fabric.
In this workshop learn how to:
- Cut from the pattern
- Attach wadding to your fabric
- Make zip tabs
- Insert the zip
- Attach the lining
- Stitch the bag
- Create a leather pull for the zip
- Make a tassel
What you get to take home:
- Your pattern
- Your finished purse or clutch
- Notes to help you make more purses or clutches
- Confidence to tackle more sewing projects
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket