Saturday 11 January
11 January @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm$95.00
Can you ever have too many beautiful purses? These purses can be used for so many things….as a purse when you just need the bare essentials to duck to the shops, storing jewellery or other small items when you travel, as a craft bag for a creative project, holding some baby essentials or medications and or as a great gift bag that eliminates single use wrapping paper!!
In this workshop I’ll be sharing all my purse making secrets! I have developed over years of sewing and they will help you complete your own stunning projects.There are lots of great skills that will be covered in this workshop as well as the simple calculations to make a bag whatever size you like.
Skill level: Must be familiar with the use of a sewing machine
Length: 3.5 hours
- A selection of scrap fabric for trims
- Scrap leather and threads to make zipper embellishments
- Wadding to give your purse structure and body!
- Any fabric* you might like to incorporate into your project bag – 0.3m for the outside and 0.3m for the lining
- A 20cm (plastic or metal, not invisible)
- Matching thread
In this workshop learn how to:
- Cut from the pattern
- Attach wadding to your fabric
- Making zip tabs
- Inserting the zip
- Attaching the lining
- Stitch the bag including making box corners if required
- Create a tassel or leather pull for the zip
What you get to take home:
- Your pattern
- Your finished purse(approx. 25cm wide x 18cm high)
- Notes to help you make more purses
- Confidence to tackle more sewing projects
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.