Sunday 24 June
Sunday 24 June 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$105.00
Learn the basics of bag making and make a great tote bag for yourself or a friend! This great sized bag (35cm W x 38cm H) is fully lined with three internal pockets, a box corner base and is perfect for everyday use.
Skill required: Advanced Beginner – you must be comfortable with the use of a sewing machine.
What you’ll learn:
- impressive bag making terminology!!
- the right materials to use
- how to attach handles
- how to attach a lining
- how to construct a box corner
- how to work with pellon (bag stiffening material)
- Individual attention
- Expert tuition
- Use of sewing machine and all tools and equipment
- Pattern and instructions so you can make more bags at home
What you will need to bring:
- Exterior of bag – 0.5m of fabric (cotton, cotton drill, light to medium weight denim)
- Interior lining and pockets – 0.6m of fabric (cotton such as quilting weight or poplin)
- Handles – 0.1m of fabric (can match the exterior or a contrast) or 1.2m x 3cm (approximately) cotton tape or braid
- Matching thread
- Use super-soft kangaroo leather handles as shown in the photographs – extra $8 payable at the workshop.
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.