Matilda Top and Shorts
Saturday 7 March
Saturday 7 March 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$110.00
Matilda Top and Shorts
Create these great wardrobe basics for your daughter (Sizes 2 – 10).
TOP: Simple and timeless…..a peasant blouse is a fun top that is comfortable and easy to wear and always in fashion!
SHORTS: Team the top with a pair of wide-legged shorts with an elasticated waist and you have the perfect combo for fun and effortless styling.
Make several sets using mix’n’match fabrics and you’ll create multiple wardrobe options!!!!!
- Build your confidence and basic sewing skills with this easy workshop!
- Create simple, adaptable workshop pieces from small pieces of fabrics/leftovers
- Learn to recycle pre-loved garments and fabrics
What you will learn:
- How to lay out a pattern including correct terminology
- How to cut out from a pattern
- Garment assembly including correct pinning techniques, matching notches, seam allowances, seam neatening, etc
- How to insert elastic
- How to attach trims
Experience: Must be familiar with the use of a sewing machine
Duration of workshop: 4.0 hours
What to bring:
- Medium weight fabric – cotton, cotton/linen blends, poly/cotton blends. Feel free to bring several fabrics that can be mixed and matched, recycled fabrics or garments. Synthetics are not suitable for this project as they generally are harder to sew. They are also less comfortable to wear in our warm and humid climate. When you register you will be sent a list of fabric quantities.
- Matching thread
- Sewing pins
- 1.0m x 6mm elastic
- 1.0m x 20mm non-roll elastic
- Morning tea
- Use of sewing machines and overlocker
What you take home:
- Your copy of the pattern and instructions for both the top and shorts
- Your finished garments
- Inspiration for pattern hacks
Special Notes: Please email us with your child’s chest and waist measurements before the workshop so that we can prepare the patterns for you.
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Please choose the number of tickets below.