Reversible Sun Hat
Sunday 22 November
22 November @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm$99.00
Reversible Sun Hat
This gorgeous sun hat is an absolute must in any wardrobe! Combine some of your favourite fabrics to create a hat that is not only squashable for your handbag or suitcase, but allows you to have two hats in one! Love it!! With a structured deep brim and the ability to be machine washed this hat is sure to become a new favourite when heading out into the sun.This workshop will be held in our studio, and due to COVID restrictions we have restricted the number of attendees. We will also ask you to comply with our COVID-safe guidelines.
The workshop runs through the techniques required to create a quality and professional finish as well as how to customise the pattern to suit your style.
This workshop covers:
- How to sew a reversible sun hat!
- Working with a digital print-at-home pattern
- Sewing to create a 3D, fitted project
- Working with fusible interfacing
- How to measure your head to determine the correct size hat to sew
This project is recommended if you are comfortable using a sewing machine (this is not a beginner project).
- Sewing pattern
- Instructions and additional information on how to modify the hat to suit your style
- Use of sewing machines
- Fabric: Medium to heavy weight woven fabrics for example denim, canvas, cotton drill or heavy weight linen. For fabric with a width of 120cm or over you’ll need:
– Main fabric – 40cm
– Lining – 40cm
Note: This pattern works best using fabrics without directional prints. If you’re using a patterned fabric with a repeat that you’d like to match, you may need more fabric than what is suggested above. *Please ensure your fabric is washed and pre-shrunk*
- 60cm fusible/iron-on mid-weight interfacing (suitable for for collars and cuffs)
- Matching thread
IMPORTANT: This workshop is run with permission to use the lovely ‘Serpentine Hat’ pattern from Elbe Textiles found here: https://elbetextiles.com.au/products/serpentine-hat
Prior to the workshop, please purchase the pattern (digital PDF pattern) from the link above and email your order confirmation page through to Lauren: email@example.com Be sure to check out her other great patterns while you’re there!
What you get to take home: A delightful reversible sun hat!
Course length: 3.5 hours
Tutor: Lauren Weier
[Photos of models on this page courtesy of Elbe Textiles]
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket