Reversible Sun Hat
Saturday 12 December
Saturday 12 December 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm$105.00
Reversible Sun Hat
This gorgeous sun hat is an absolute must in any wardrobe! Combine some of your favourite fabrics to create a hat that is not only squashable for your handbag or suitcase, but allows you to have two hats in one! Love it!! With a structured deep brim and the ability to be machine washed this hat is sure to become a new favourite when heading out into the sun.
The workshop runs through the techniques required to create a quality and professional finish as well as how to customise the pattern to suit your style.
This workshop covers:
- How to sew a reversible sun hat!
- Working with a digital print-at-home pattern
- Sewing to create a 3D, fitted project
- Working with fusible interfacing
- How to measure your head to determine the correct size hat to sew
This project is recommended if you are comfortable using a sewing machine (this is not a beginner project).
- Sewing pattern
- Instructions and additional information on how to modify the hat to suit your style
- Use of sewing machines and workshop equipment
- Fabric: Medium to heavy weight woven fabrics for example denim, canvas, cotton drill or heavy weight linen.
For fabric with a width of 120cm or over you’ll need:
- Main fabric – 40cm
- Lining – 40cm
- Note: This pattern works best using fabrics without directional prints. If you’re using a patterned fabric with a repeat that you’d like to match, you may need more fabric than what is suggested above.
*Please ensure your fabric is washed, pre-shrunk and ironed prior to the workshop.*
- 60cm fusible/iron-on midweight interfacing (suitable for for collars and cuffs)
- Matching thread
- IMPORTANT: This workshop is run with permission to use the lovely ‘Serpentine Hat’ pattern from Elbe Textiles found here: https://elbetextiles.com.au/products/serpentine-hat
Prior to the workshop, please purchase the pattern (digital PDF pattern) from the link above and email your order confirmation page through to Lauren: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to check out her other great patterns while you’re there!
What you get to take home: A delightful reversible sun hat!
Course length: 4.5 hours
Tutor: Lauren Weier
[Photos of models on this page courtesy of Elbe Textiles]
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket