Sunday 16 August
16 August @ 9:30 am - 12:45 pm$95.00
Learn how to make this versatile fabric storage tote. You’ll find many uses for your handmade tote – it can be used as a bag or simply fold down the top edge to use it as a handy storage bucket – perfect for craft projects, toys, magazines or even that extra throw rug.
You’ll receive a workshop kit that contains the pre-cut leather handles (in a choice of black, chocolate brown or tan), rivets, pre-cut fusible interfacing panels and step by step instructions. You’ll need to bring along your own fabric selections for this project. Please choose a quality mid-weight fabric and a coordinated lining fabric. We recommend using a heavy linen, light upholstery grade, cotton duck, bark cloth, denim or canvas to create the perfect combination for your customised tote.
- Use of sewing machine
- Fusible interfacing
- Leather handles
- Written instruction sheet
- 1 x Pre-cut panel – exterior fabric 92 cm x 38 cm
- 1 x Pre-cut panel – interior fabric 92 cm x 38 cm
- 2 x Pre-cut panels – base fabric 33 cm square (PLEASE NOTE: the exterior and interior base panel can be cut from either the exterior or interior fabric)
- Thread to match your fabric selection
- Please choose fabric that is mid weight, light upholstery grade, cotton/linen blend, denim, cotton duck or similar
The finished bucket is 35 cm H x 45 cm W and is light weight yet sturdy and sits upright even when empty.
Experience required: Please note this is not a Learn to Sew workshop. Basic sewing skills are required. Minimum age is 16.
Tutor: Karen Wright from Zenzero Design will be your tutor and guide you step-by-step through the process.
About Karen: A lover of all things handcrafted and an all round crafty type, Karen Wright is cut from the same maker’s cloth as Julie Hillier….in fact they are sisters!
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket