Makers Escape Workshop
Friday 27 August
27 August @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm$145.00
Scalloped Edge Linen Lampshade
This is an all-new Ministry of Handmade Workshop!!!
These scalloped edge lampshades are in a category all of their own ……. their European styling is guaranteed to impress! And what a playful alternative to the straight lines of regular lampshades.
Using a custom Ministry of Handmade scalloped ring set and template, you can create one of these stunning shades for yourself.
Tutor: Julie Hillier
Duration: 3.5 hours
- Scalloped edge lampshade rings, PVC and tapes to create a shade with a top and bottom diameters of 25cm and 35cm
- Your choice of white or oatmeal European linen fabric
- Your choice of a selection of fabric for the bias cut contrasting (or matching) trim
What you will learn:
- The basics of making a lampshade
- How to trim the bottom edge to create the scalloped detail
- How to attach and neatly finish the bias fabric trim
What to bring:
All requirements for this workshop are provided and included in the workshop fee.
No previous lampshade making experience is necessary
Attention to detail is a real bonus in the workshop!
What you get to take home:
Your finished scalloped edge linen lampshade!
Kits will be available for sale if you would like to make extra shades.
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket