Saturday 1 December
Saturday 1 December 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$105.00
Every beautiful project deserves a beautiful project bag!!!
This is the perfect gift idea for those who love to create: a Project bag to store your knitting, crocheting, embroidery, and more!
We have scheduled a special workshop for Saturday 1 December so that you can learn the basics of making these simple bags which also make great gift bags. Why not ditch the single use wrapping paper and put a gift in a bag that is a gift itself!!!
There are lots of great skills that will be covered as well as the simple calculations to make a bag whatever size you like. Use your scrap fabric and create some gifts that will be useful and loved!!
Must be familiar with the use of a sewing machine.
4 hours in one day: 1.00pm – 5.00pm
- A selection of scrap fabric for trims
- Scrap leather and threads to make zipper embellishments
- Pellon (bag stiffening material)
- Any fabric* you might like to incorporate into your project bag – 0.5m for the outside and 0.5m for the lining
- A 25cm or 30cm zip (plastic or metal, not invisible)
- Matching thread
*Please consider bringing fabric you already have or recycling/upcycling some fabric
In this workshop learn how to:
- Create pattern for your bag based on your requirements
- Cut from the pattern
- How to make and attach custom piping
- Attach pellon to your fabric
- Insert the zip
- Stitch the bag including making box corners
- Create a tassel or leather pull for the zip
What you get to take home:
- Your pattern
- Your finished project bag (approx. 30cm wide x 40cm high)
- Notes to help you make more project bags
- Confidence to tackle more sewing projects
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.