Piped Cushions Online
Saturday 30 May
Saturday 30 May 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$89.00 – $111.00
In the workshop you will learn:
- The secrets of great piping techniques – how to cover piping cord with fabric
- How to insert a zip
- How to create a piped cushion cover
Experience required: This is not a “learn to sew” class. Participants need to be comfortable using a sewing machine.
Course length: Approx 2.5 hours
Inclusions (these will be sent to you before the workshop):
- Piping cord
Please have ready:
- 0.6m of fabric for your cushion cover. Suitable fabrics are cotton, cotton/linen blends, cotton drill, lightweight denim, etc. Please do not use checks or stripes as these require more skill to create a great finished product. Please note that synthetic, stretch and heavy upholstery weight fabrics are not suitable.
- 0.2m of co-ordinating fabric for covering the piping cord. See fabric recommendations above.
- Matching thread
- 35cm dress zip (not invisible)
- 45cm cushion insert*
- Regular sewing foot and a zipper foot for your sewing machine (both are required)
*If you don’t have a cushion insert, it can be added when you book the workshop. We’ll send them to you with the piping cord.
Times and dates – workshops are AEST also known as Australia, Brisbane time or GMT+10. Please check how this time compares to your local time.
Booking cut off time – we need time to send you the log in details for this workshop, the pattern and your piping cord, for this reason we are cutting off the booking for this workshop at 6pm on Monday 25 May.
Email – as confirmation of your registration you will receive an email with instructions and guidelines for preparation. It will contain the Zoom link for the workshop and the link for the instructions. Please keep this email.
Please select the ticket type (below) by entering a number (e.g. 1) into the quantity field. You can use the “+” and “-” buttons if you wish. Then click the “Get Tickets” button.