Sunday 21 February
21 February @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm$105.00
Please note: This workshop will be held in our studio, and as such there are limited numbers due to COVID restrictions. We also ask that you comply with our COVID Safe guidelines.
In the workshop you will learn:
- The secrets of great piping techniques – how to cover piping cord with fabric
- How to insert a zip
- How to create a piped cushion cover
Experience required: This is not a “learn to sew” class. Participants need to be comfortable using a sewing machine.
Tutor: Julie Hillier
Course length: 3.5 hours
- Piping cord
- Use of sewing machines and all other equipment
- .5m of fabric for your cushion cover. Suitable fabrics are cotton, cotton/linen blends, cotton drill, lightweight denim, etc. Please do not bring checks or stripes as these require more skill to create a great finished product. Please note that synthetic, stretch and heavy upholstery weight fabrics are not suitable.
- .2m of co-ordinating fabric for covering the piping cord. See fabric recommendations above.
- Matching thread
- 35cm dress zip (not invisible)
- 46cm cushion insert – we can supply either a polyester insert ($9) or a luxurious feather/foam insert ($22) on the day if you can’t get to the shops!
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket