No Sew Bench Seat
Saturday 9 November
Saturday 9 November 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm$369.00 – $389.00
Our bench seat ottoman is a real winner! And now our “no sew” option is just perfect for those DIYers without sewing skills or those who prefer a fast folded corner rather than piping. We provide the frame, you bring the fabric!
This is our fastest upholstery project by far with just a few simple steps involved:
Benni is 450mm high and 350mm wide and comes with a number of options so you can customise the style and look to suit your space:
- Two lengths – either 900mm or 1200mm long (Custom lengths are available. Please ask us about pricing)
- Legs – tapered timber pine (standard) or as an optional extra victorian ash or steel hairpin legs
- Covered buttons – buttons are included in the price (14 for 1200mm and 12 for the 900mm seat)
These prices are for turned pine legs. On the day of the workshop you can choose to upgrade to either Victorian Ash Hardwood (just delicious timber for staining or waxing) or the black steel hairpin legs for an extra $40.
Everything you need to make your ottoman except your choice of fabric. We supply the steel reinforced ply frame, foam, wadding, dust cover to underside, legs, beeswax for finishing the legs.
What will you learn:
- How to cut and staple the cover to the frame
- How to make and attach the optional covered buttons
- How to attach the dust cover
- How to attach the legs
- How to apply beeswax or furniture oil to the timber legs (The timber legs can be left raw so they can be stained a colour of your choice at home)
- 1.0m of fabric*
- Medium-heavy weight cottons, cotton/linen blends, cotton canvas, upholstery weight fabrics
- Quilting weight fabric
- Really thick upholstery fabrics as they are bulky and hard to work with
- Stripes and checks as they are difficult to pattern match
- Fabrics that are shiny or have a sheen to them as they show up any imperfections more readily than fabrics with a dull finish.
*Warwick Fabrics (54 Robertson St, Fortitude Valley) carry a wide range of upholstery fabrics. Their showroom is open to the public so that you can view the range. If you wish to purchase a Warwick fabric, you will need to contact Julie to order on your behalf as Warwick don’t sell directly to the public. Please allow at least six working days for the delivery of your fabric.