Makers Escape Workshop
Saturday 28 August
Saturday 28 August 2021 @ 9:30 am - 5:30 pm$175.00
Create your own signature jacket using the ModularME pattern.
Please note: This workshop takes two sessions, Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon. If you book for this workshop you won’t be able to fit in another Saturday workshop.
- A selection of designer linens and cottons (both plain and printed) to combine with your own fabrics to give your jacket a designer edge!
- Jacket pattern
- Use of an overlocker
- Some basic colour theory
- Creative ideas for combining different printed fabrics
- Colour blocking ideas
- How to add embellishments like embroidery, braid, etc
- How to add a lining if desired
- Your own sewing machine
- Sewing notions – scissors, pins, tape measure, ruler, tailors chalk or pencil,
- Optional – Rotary cutter, cutting mat and quilting ruler if you used to using these tools and would prefer to trim fabric this way rather than with scissors
- Fabric – These requirements will be forwarded to you well ahead of the session so that you can get prepared
- Must be competent on a sewing machine and have some experience cutting out fabric.
- This is not a “learn to sew class” and is definitely not suitable for beginners.
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket