FACE-TO-FACE Sewing Immersion
Saturday 20 November 2021
Saturday 20 November 2021 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm$160.00
Come and get started on your ModularME journey in a supportive face-to-face session with the pattern developer, Julie Hillier.
The ModularME Pattern System is a unique new way to learn sewing techniques and create a range of garments that suit you and your lifestyle.
This workshop will be held in our studio, and due to COVID restrictions we have restricted the number of attendees. We will also ask you to observe our COVID-safe guidelines.
In this workshop you will learn the basics of using the ModularME top pattern including:
- How to measure your body
- How to select your pattern size
- How to work between sizes if necessary
- How to lay out your pattern
- How to assemble and adjust your sample garment
We start out by stitching a sample garment to get the sizing and fit right! This enables us to help you create a custom pattern just for you. This custom pattern will become the starting point for future ModularME garments. You’ll be able to start experimenting with the various modules and twists as they are launched.
You will be guided every step of the way including how to stitch darts, how to attach the neck facings and how to finesse the finish of your sample.
What to bring:
- Your printed pattern sheets (either A0 or A4 sheets already taped together). You can buy the A0 printed version from us on the day if you wish for $19.
- Your printed instruction book (downloaded from our website if you have purchased the free online pattern). If you purchase the pre-printed pattern from us, the instruction book is included.
- Fabric for your sample garment and matching thread. As you will be sewing a practice garment that you may not end up wearing, please don’t lash out buying expensive fabric. You can choose to upcycle a sheet /doona cover or use some fabric that you already have. Please ensure that your fabric is 100% cotton as this is easier to sew than synthetics. You will need: 112cm wide – approx 1.8m, 135cm wide – approx 1.1m
- Scissors, pins and tape measure
- Your own lunch
- Please wear separates (not a dress) to make fitting garments easier
Time: 9:30am – 2:00pm
- Use of sewing machines
- Pattern Trace for tracing the correct size pattern.
- Coffee, tea and home baked treats on arrival
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket