FACE-TO-FACE Sewing Immersion
Sunday 1 November
Sunday 1 November 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm$160.00
Come and get started on your ModularME journey in a supportive face-to-face session with Julie.
The ModularME Pattern System is a unique new way to learn sewing techniques and create a range of garments that suit you and your lifestyle. Link to ModularME
This workshop will be held in our studio, and due to COVID restrictions we have restricted the number of attendees. We will also ask you to observe our COVID-safe guidelines.
In this workshop you will learn the basics of using the pattern including:
- How to measure your body
- How to select your pattern size
- How to grade between sizes
- How to cut your fabric
- How to stitch your top
You’ll stitch a quick sample garment to get the sizing right and then get started on making your first ModularME top!!
Julie will guide you every step of the way including how to stitch darts and how to attach the neck facings.
Once you have all the sizings and basic sewing steps under control, you’ll be ready to make more garments and incorporate the various modules as they become available.
What to bring:
- Your printed pattern sheets (either A0 or A4 sheets already taped together). You can buy the A0 printed version from us on the day if you wish.
- Fabric and matching thread (please ring Julie prior to the session to discuss fabric options)
- Scissors, pins and tape measure
- Your own lunch
- Please wear separates (not a dress) to make fitting garments easier
Time: 10.00am – 2.30pm
- Use of sewing machines
- Coffee, tea and home baked treats on arrival
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket