Lined Tote Bag Tutorial
Wednesday 20 October
Wednesday 20 October 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$20.00
Join our new online class and learn new skills from the comfort of your own home!
We’ll cover the basics of tote bag making, including box corners and attaching an internal pocket. And then, once you have a handle (sorry for the pun) on the techniques, play around with the proportions to create bags to suit you and your needs!
This project is perfect for creating gifts… and it is a great stash buster too! Piece together your leftover fabric scraps or garments that you no longer wear to create bags that are kind to the planet!
Skill level: This workshop is a perfect next project for makers who have some basic sewing machine skills such as:
- Able to sew seams maintaining a consistent seam allowance
- Able to back stitch
- Able to pin fabric pieces together after aligning fabric edges
Length: Approx 1.5 – 2 hours
- Step-by-step written instructions
- Video recording of the session
- How to attach an internal pocket
- How to create box corners
- How to attach bag handles
- How to stitch multiple layers of fabric
- The benefits of a Walking Foot
- How to under stitch
Times and dates – workshops are AEST also known as Australia, Brisbane time or GMT+10. Please check how this time compares to your local time.
Extra bonus: When you purchase a ticket to this online tutorial you will have access to the video recording of the tutorial for free.
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket