Lined Tote Bag
Saturday 23 September
Saturday 23 September 2023 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm$105.00
Fabulous, practical, stylish and unique!
Learn the basics of tote bag making, including box corners and an internal pocket. And then, once you have a handle (sorry for the pun) on the techniques, play around with the fabrics and proportions to create bags to suit you and your needs!
This project is perfect for creating gifts… and it is a great stash buster too! Piece together your leftover fabric scraps or garments that you no longer wear to create bags that are kind to the planet!
Tutor: Lauren Weier
Skill level: This workshop is a perfect next step after our Introduction to Sewing Workshop. If you haven’t completed our Introduction to Sewing Workshop, you’ll need to have basic sewing machine skills:
- Able to sew seams maintaining a consistent seam allowance
- Able to back stitch
- Able to pin fabric pieces together after aligning fabric edges
Length: Approx 4 hours
Sustainability: Please remember the health of the planet when choosing fabric for your projects. You can make responsible choices by:
- Using fabric from your stash or fabric left over from other projects
- Recycling fabric
- Selecting natural fibres that can biodegrade over time.
- Use of sewing machines
- Step-by-step written instructions
- Medium weight woven fabric for the outer (E.g. Cotton canvas, cotton drill or linen fabric) (50cm x 100cm)
- Quilting weight cotton fabric for the lining and internal pocket (50cm x 100cm)
- Medium weight woven fabric for the handles (20cm x 140cm) or cotton webbing (140 cm). Or, kangaroo leather handles can be purchased in the studio on the day.
In this workshop learn how to:
- How to attach an internal pocket
- How to create box corners
- How to attach bag handles
- How to stitch multiple layers of fabric
- How to under stitch
What you take home:
- Your finished tote
- Great bag making skills
- Step by step written instruction
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket