Lined Tote Bag
Saturday 1 July
1 July @ 9:00 am$105.00
Fabulous, practical, stylish and unique!
Learn the basics of tote bag making, including box corners and an internal pocket. And then, once you have a handle (sorry for the pun) on the techniques, play around with the proportions to create bags to suit you and your needs!
This project is perfect for creating gifts… and it is a great stash buster too! Piece together your leftover fabric scraps or garments that you no longer wear to create bags that are kind to the planet!
Tutor: Julie Hillier
Skill level: This workshop is a perfect next step after our Learn to Sew Workshop. If you haven’t completed our Learn to Sew Workshop, you’ll need to have basic sewing machine skills:
- Able to sew seams maintaining a consistent seam allowance
- Able to back stitch
- Able to pin fabric pieces together after aligning fabric edges
Length: Approx 3 hours
Sustainability: Please remember the health of the planet when choosing fabric for your projects. You can make responsible choices by:
- Using fabric from your stash or fabric left over from other projects
- Recycling fabric
- Selecting natural fibres that can biodegrade over time.
- Tote bag kit*
- Use of sewing machines
- Step-by-step written instructions
*There will be a variety of pre-prepared kits to choose from at the workshop. The kits will contain:
- Quality cotton canvas/linen fabric for the outer
- Quilting weight cotton fabric for the lining and pocket
- A choice of handles (kangaroo leather or cotton webbing)
- Sewing notions – scissors, tape measure, pins, quick unpick
In this workshop learn how to:
- How to attach an internal pocket
- How to create box corners
- How to attach bag handles
- How to stitch multiple layers of fabric
- The benefits of a Walking Foot
- How to under stitch
What you take home:
- Your finished tote
- Great bag making skills
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket