Learn to Sew
Class 3 Zip Purse/Sewing Case
Wednesday 22 January
Wednesday 22 January 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$75.00
School Holiday Learn to Sew – Class 3 – Next Steps Zip Purse/Sewing Case
Project: Zip Purse/Sewing Case
These purses can be used for so many things….as a purse, a pencil case or as a sewing case to hold your essential sewing tools! They also are a delightful gift!
In this workshop I’ll be sharing all my purse making secrets I have developed over years of sewing and they will help you complete your own stunning projects. There are lots of great skills that will be covered in this workshop as well as the simple calculations to make a bag whatever size you like.
This session is for you if:
- You have completed the Ministry of Handmade Learn to Sew class (you would have made an envelope-backed cushion cover) OR You are familiar with sewing basics
- You are school-age (8+ years old)
- Making zip tabs
- Inserting a zip
- Attaching the lining
- Cutting from a pattern
- How to read a pattern
- Attach wadding to your fabric
- Stitch the bag including making box corners if required
- Your Zip Purse pattern
- A selection of scrap fabric for trims
- Wadding to give your purse structure and body!
- Any fabric* you might like to incorporate into your project bag – 0.4m for the outside and 0.4m for the lining
- A 30cm (plastic or metal, not invisible)
- Matching thread
*Please consider bringing fabric you already have or recycling/upcycling some fabric.
Want to do more?
The perfect follow-ups sessions for this workshop would be:
- School Holiday Learn to Sew – Class 2 Next Steps Petal Pin Cushion and Needle Book
- Contact us to book in a private sewing lesson to take your sewing skills to the next level or to tackle a specific project!
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.