Saturday 13 October 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 5:00 pm$289.00
This workshop is a one-off! Book in or miss out! Five places only!
This rectangular footstool with a piped trim rocks a different vibe to our other bench seats and ottomans. It is a fun piece of furniture that does double duty as a footstool or extra seating. Learn some great upholstery skills and take home a piece of furniture that will add a bespoke touch to your interiors.
The Footstool measures 500mm wide x 400mm deep x 380mm high
- Ply footstool base with foam pad and wadding
- Piping cord and fabric for dust cover
- Use of sewing machines and other sewing equipment
- Use of air staplers, staples and basic upholstery tools
- Stained angled timber legs as shown
What you will learn:
- How to make your own piping
- How to attach piping to fabric
- How to stitch the fitted cover
- How to attach cover to the base using an air stapler
- How to attach the dust cover
- How to attach the timber legs
What to bring:
- 1.0m of your own fabric for main part of footstool. Suitable fabric: cotton drill, cotton duck, wool, wool blend, Indian cotton, etc.
- 0.2m of contrasting fabric for piping if you want contrast piping. If using contrasting fabric for piping, please ensure that the two fabrics are about the same weight. Quilting/crafting weight fabric is not really suitable for covering piping cord. You’ll need something with a bit more weight.
- Matching thread/s (thread to match piping colour is essential)
4.5 hours 12.30pm – 5.00pm
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.