Piped Footstool Training Session
Saturday 8 August
8 August @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$95.00
This is a new format event…..a little bit workshop, a little bit tutorial, a little bit diagnostic session, but lots of fun and chock full of info and new skills for you!
Here’s the basic idea:
Learn the ins and outs of building a new footstool or refurbishing an existing upholstered footstool.
Here is what we’ll be covering:
- How to remove existing upholstery
- How to replace webbing if necessary
- How to attach foam and wadding
- How to calculate measurements and cut your fabric
- How to make and attach piping
- How to assemble your upholstered cover
- How to attach your piped cover and then finish with dust cover and legs
- All the great “upholstery speak” that will impress your friends
- Basic tools required
What to bring: If you have a footstool you’d like to make over, bring it along. We’ll work out what’s required and step through how to do it. We’ll calculate fabric measurements and give you a set of instructions to complete the job.
If you don’t have a footstool to make over, no problem. Julie will be working on a footstool to demonstrate all the steps.
Take notes, take photographs, ask the questions!
Everyone will use the sewing machines to learn how to make and attach piping so that the process is completely demystified!!!!
Everyone will trail the air staplers and be involved in helping assemble the footstool that Julie will create.
Time: 3 hours
Server of a cheeky morning tea: Maurice
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket