Flange Edged Cushions
Saturday 26 March
26 March @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm$95.00
Create a cushion that is a step above the ordinary in this workshop. A flange edge creates interest and personality without the fuss and added skills needed for a piped edge. As this edge is easy to achieve, this workshop is great for people with basic sewing skills keen to develop further as well as those with more sewing experience.
The closure on the back of this cushion is an invisible zip. Fear not…..these are much easier than you think!
In the workshop you will learn:
- How to cut from a pattern
- How to insert an invisible zip
- How to turn through a square corner
- How to create a flange edge
Experience required: This is not a “learn to sew” class. Participants need to be comfortable using a sewing machine.
Tutor: Lauren Weier
Course length: 3.5 hours
Use of sewing machines
- For a cushion with the same fabric front and back – 0.6m of fabric*
- For a cushion with a contrast back – 0.6m of both fabrics*
- 40cm invisible zip
- Size 18 (45cm) cushion insert
- Matching thread
* Quilting weight material is not suitable for this project. Please select a cotton fabric or cotton blend fabric with a bit more weight like a drill or lightweight denim. Please don’t bring a fabric that has any stretch like a cotton sateen.
If you wish you can purchase a complete cushion kit on the day. We will have a variety of colours/design to choose from. Prices range from $25.00 – $45.00 and include fabric, zip and thread.
Inserts are also available for purchase:
- Polyester insert $9.00
- Luxury feather/foam insert $24.00
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket