Edge Trimmed & Embroidered Cushions
Friday 6 May
Friday 6 May 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$135.00
Edge trimmed cushions: Flair + Style without all the hard work!
The ideal Mother’s Day gift! Spoil yourself or bring a friend/mother/daughter!
Edge trimming (think fringing and pom poms) really does add a whole new dimension to cushions, but there is no rule that says it has to go right around the cushion! Add a decorative feature to just the sides of a cushion is EASY and adds interest and individuality in a fraction of the time!!!
This technique looks particularly fabulous on rectangular cushions. Learn this great technique plus how to insert an invisible zip and you’ll be skilled up to slam out some fabulous new cushions at a rapid rate!!! And some simple embroidery stitches take it to a whole new level!!!
Join us for this fun session on Mother’s Day
weekend and create your own 50cm x 30cm cushion. We’ll have a glass of bubbles on hand plus Maurice’s legendary gluten free Ginger and Macadamia cookies!
What you will learn:
- How to attach pompoms or fringing to the sides of a cushion
- How to insert an invisible zip
- How to create a selection of very easy embroidery stitches
- How to assemble your cushion
- How to use an overlocker
- Selection of pre-cut cushion kits to choose from in both contemporary and traditional styles. Kits have designer fabric fronts and plain coordinating backs.
- Coordinating quality brush fringing or our wonderful multi-coloured maxi pom pom braid
- Invisible zip
- Embroidery threads and needle
- Use of sewing machines, overlocker, scissors, pins, etc
- A set of notes so that you can make more cushions at home
- 50cm x 30cm feather foam inserts will be available for sale @ $22.00 each
- You must be familiar with the use of a sewing machine as this is not a learn to sew class.
- No previous embroidery experience is necessary
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket