Upcycled Denim Plant Pot Covers
Thursday 23 January
23 January @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$55.00
Learn some new skills these school holidays and come away with two of your very own handmade plant pot covers. Join Lauren Weier as she guides you through the basics of hand-stitching, crafting box corners, as well as pom-pom making to create these delightful decorator items. Upcycled denim will be used as it’s a fabulous way to re-purpose clothing that is no longer in use. Come and enjoy Ministry of Handmade’s lovely studio space while meeting new friends and learning to make something fun and unique!
No prior experience required. Ages 8+
All materials are provided, including plants.
If there is a particular fabric you would like to use, feel free to bring it along (the heavier weight fabrics work best). Minimum dimensions: 50cm x 30cm.
Otherwise a selection of denim fabric will be provided.
In this workshop learn how to:
- Make 2 plant pot covers, plants included.
- Use a needle and thread including knot tying, running stitch and fastening off.
- Sew a box corner
- Make pom poms
Want to do more?
The perfect follow-ups sessions for this workshop would be:
- School Holiday Learn to Sew Next Steps Petal Pin Cushion and Needle Book
- School Holiday Learn to Sew Next Steps Zip Purse/Sewing Case
- Contact us to book in a private sewing lesson to take your sewing skills to the next level or to tackle a specific project!