Introduction to Crochet
Saturday 29 August
29 August @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$65.00
Whip up a blanket!
Are you yarning to learn something new? (Pun intended). Something to potter away at while sitting in the corner of the couch with a cuppa?
This workshop will be held in our studio, and due to COVID restrictions we have restricted the number of attendees. We will also ask you to observe our COVID-safe guidelines.
Join us as we teach the basics of crochet – learn to chain stitch and double crochet and then how to combine these to make a gorgeous blanket!
This easy pattern is fun, easy and comes together quickly! Keep it simple with one colour block or mix it up by combining your favourite colours.
This pattern is a great introduction to crochet and can be used for more than just blankets… think face washers, dish cloths, scarves and more!
What the workshop covers:
- Crochet 101 – holding the hook, holding the yarn, tension, counting stitches
- Basic stitches – chain stitch and double crochet stitch
- Changing colours
- Working by the row
- Fastening off and weaving in the ends
- Pattern modifications and other applications of this pattern
Experience required: Beginner or “rusty” crocheter
Inclusions: Pattern and notes for reference
- 2 balls of 8 ply yarn in different colours. Preferably no variegated, dark coloured or tufty yarn as they are harder to learn with.
- 4.5mm or 5mm Crochet hook.
Course length: Approximately 3 hours
Tutor: Lauren Weier
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket