Introduction to Crochet
Saturday 25 April
Saturday 25 April 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$49.00
Whip up a blanket in time for winter!
Are you yarning to learn something new? (Pun intended). Something to potter away at while sitting in the corner of the couch with a cuppa?
Join us as we teach the basics of crochet – learn to chain stitch and double crochet and then how to combine these to make a gorgeous blanket!
This easy pattern is fun, easy and comes together quickly! Keep it simple with one colour block or mix it up by combining your favourite colours.
This pattern is a great introduction to crochet and can be used for more than just blankets… think face washers, dish cloths, scarves and more!
What the workshop covers:
- Crochet 101 – holding the hook, holding the yarn, tension, counting stitches
- Basic stitches – chain stitch and double crochet stitch
- Changing colours
- Working by the row
- Fastening off and weaving in the ends
- Pattern modifications and other applications of this pattern
Experience required: Beginner or “rusty” crocheter
Inclusions: Pattern and notes for reference
- 2 balls of 8 ply yarn in different colours. Preferably no variegated, dark coloured or tufty yarn as they are harder to learn with.
- 4.5mm or 5mm Crochet hook.
Course length: Approximately 2 hours
Tutor: Lauren Weier
Times and dates – workshops are AEST also known as Australia, Brisbane time or GMT+10. Please check how this time compares to your local time.
Please enter a number (e.g. 1) into the ticket quantity field. You can use the “+” and “-” buttons if you wish. Then click the “Get Tickets” button.