Contemporary Shaggy Quilt
Saturday 5 May
Saturday 5 May 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$95.00
- Which fabrics to use
- How to create different depths of fringe from 12mm to 25mm
- How to calculate measurements and cut the fabric
- How to incorporate upcycled fabrics or treasured textile pieces
- How to layer and sew the fabrics
- How to snip and then wash the fabric to create the shaggy frayed edge
- How to finish the sides of your quilt/bed runner/etc
Skill level required:
- Cutting mats
- Quilting rulers
What to bring:
- If you have a sewing machine with a walking foot – please bring it along. If you don’t have – that’s fine – you can use one of ours
- Cutting mat (if you prefer to use your own)
- Rotary cutter
- Quilting ruler (if you prefer to use your own)
- Fabric – please contact Julie (0414 467 405) to discuss what would be suitable for you
What you get to take home:
A set of comprehensive notes to help you with future projects and the skills to finish your quilt project.
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.