Contemporary Shaggy Quilt
Saturday 20 March
Saturday 20 March 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm$105.00
What you’ll learn:
- Which fabrics to use
- How to create different depths of fringe from 12mm to 25mm
- How to calculate measurements and cut the fabric
- How to incorporate upcycled fabrics or treasured textile pieces
- How to layer and sew the fabrics
- How to snip and then wash the fabric to create the shaggy frayed edge
- How to finish the sides of your quilt/bed runner/etc
Tutor: Julie Hillier
Skill level required:
You will need to be familiar with the use of a sewing machine.
- Cutting mats
- Quilting rulers
What to bring:
- Cutting mat (if you prefer to use your own)
- Rotary cutter
- Quilting ruler (if you prefer to use your own)
- Fabric – please contact Julie (0414 467 405) to discuss what would be suitable for you
What you get to take home:
A set of comprehensive notes to help you with future projects and the skills to finish your quilt project.
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket