Contemporary Shaggy Quilt
7pm Wednesday 16 September
16 September @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$30.00
During this online tutorial you will learn the basics of creating a strip quilt with shaggy chenille-like detailing so you can get creative! Customise your own quilts, bed runners, cushion covers, baby floor mats, etc.
With a real contemporary edge, this shaggy quilt will add a relaxed vibe, wherever you put it!
This tutorial will teach you the skills to experiment with different sizes of projects and different combinations of fabrics and styles. Once you understand the basics involved (and it’s very basic), you’ll be able to let your imagination run wild and reinterpret the concept in your own ways again and again if you wish.
What you’ll learn:
- Which fabrics to use
- How to create different depths of fringe from 12mm to 25mm
- How to calculate measurements and cut the fabric
- How to incorporate upcycled fabrics or treasured textile pieces
- How to layer and sew the fabrics
- How to snip and then wash the fabric to create the shaggy frayed edge
- How to finish the sides of your quilt/bed runner/etc
What is provided:
A set of comprehensive notes to help you with future projects and the skills to finish your quilt project.
Times and dates – workshops are AEST also known as Australia, Brisbane time or GMT+10. Please check how this time compares to your local time.
Can’t make this workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket