Contemporary Shaggy Quilt
Online Monday 13 April
Monday 13 April 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm$30.00
Learn the basics of creating a strip quilt with shaggy chenille-like detailing and then get creative! Customise your own quilts, bed runners, cushion covers, baby floor mats, etc.
With a real contemporary edge, this shaggy quilt will add a relaxed vibe, wherever you put it!
This workshop will teach you the skills to experiment with different sizes of projects and different combinations of fabrics and styles. Once you understand the basics involved (and it’s very basic), you’ll be able to let your imagination run wild and reinterpret the concept in your own ways again and again if you wish.
What you’ll learn:
- Which fabrics to use
- How to create different depths of fringe from 12mm to 25mm
- How to calculate measurements and cut the fabric
- How to incorporate upcycled fabrics or treasured textile pieces
- How to layer and sew the fabrics
- How to snip and then wash the fabric to create the shaggy frayed edge
- How to finish the sides of your quilt/bed runner/etc
Times and dates – workshops are AEST also known as Australia, Brisbane time or GMT+10. Please check how this time compares to your local time.
Please select the ticket type (below) by entering a number (e.g. 1) into the quantity field. You can use the “+” and “-” buttons if you wish. Then click the “Get Tickets” button.