Colours and Quilts
Saturday 16 May
Saturday 16 May 2020 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm$29.00
Sewing techniques and basic colour theory to help you create a beautiful quilt from your stash.
Creating a beautiful quilt, potentially an heirloom, does not need to be complicated or expensive. Learn all Julie’s quilting tips and tricks to get you started including how to include .
Topics covered include:
- Basic colour theory so your finished quilt has a cohesive look
- Simple design ideas
- Sorting and selecting fabric from your stash including heirloom pieces or fabrics of significance
- Cutting and laying out your fabrics
- Sewing techniques
- Batting and backing
- How to sandwich and secure the top, batting and backing
- Quilting the layers together
- Simple binding of the edge
Length of workshop: Approximately 2 hours
Times and dates – workshops are AEST also known as Australia, Brisbane time or GMT+10. Please check how this time compares to your local time.
Booking cut off time – booking for this workshop will cut off as soon as it is full.
Email – as confirmation of your registration you will receive an email with instructions, Zoom login and guidelines for preparation. Please keep this email.
Please select the ticket type (below) by entering a number (e.g. 1) into the quantity field. You can use the “+” and “-” buttons if you wish. Then click the “Get Tickets” button.