Saturday 7 April
Saturday 7 April 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm$365.00 – $379.00
Everyone loves our round ottomans and, dare we say it, they do have a bit of a cult following!!
But there are some spots that really need a rectangular shape…like the foot of your bed or in a narrow hallway or entry.
So, we have expanded our range of ottomans to include a new exciting product….BENNI. Benni is versatile, slimline piece that you can customise to suit your own space…how good is that!
Benni is 450mm high and 350mm wide and comes with a number of options so you can customise the style and look to suit your space:
- Two lengths – either 900mm or 1200mm long (Custom lengths are available. Please ask us about pricing)
- Legs – tapered timber (pine or victorian ash) or steel hairpin legs
- Optional covered buttons
900mm Benni $365.00
1200mm Benni $379.00
Choose the size when you register for the workshop.
These prices are for turned pine legs. On the day of the workshop you can choose to upgrade to either Victorian Ash Hardwood (just delicious timber for staining or waxing) for an extra $35 or the black steel hairpin legs for an extra $25.
Everything you need to make your ottoman except your choice of fabric. We supply the frame, foam, wadding, piping cord, dust cover to underside, legs, beeswax for finishing the legs.
What will you learn:
- How to cover piping cord with fabric to make your own customised piping
- How to stitch the cover
- How to staple the cover to the frame
- How to make and attach covered buttons (if this option is chosen)
- How to attach the dust cover
- How to attach the legs
- How to apply beeswax or furniture oil to the timber legs (The timber legs can be left raw so they can be stained a colour of your choice at home)
What do you need to bring:
- 1.0m of fabric*
- Matching thread
- Medium weight cottons, cotton/linen blends, cotton canvas, synthetic blends
- Quilting weight fabric
- Really thick upholstery fabrics as they are bulky and hard to sew
- Stripes and checks as they are difficult to pattern match
- Fabrics that are shiny or have a sheen to them as they show up any imperfections more readily than fabrics with a dull finish.
*Warwick Fabrics (54 Robertson St, Fortitude Valley) carry a wide range of upholstery fabrics. Their showroom is open to the public so that you can view the range. If you wish to purchase a Warwick fabric, you will need to contact Julie to order on your behalf as Warwick don’t sell directly to the public. Please allow at least six working days for the delivery of your fabric.
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.