Bench Seats and Footstools
Sunday 18 July
Sunday 18 July 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$300.00 – $380.00
Stamp your flair on your home with a practical piece of occasional furniture. You choose the size and height to suit your own needs….a footstool to place in front of your favourite arm chair, a bench seat for the foot of your bed, extra seating for your living space, a signature piece to add impact in an entry hall!
This piece of furniture is simple to make yet looks a $million!
With a choice of different lengths, different leg styles and optional covered buttons, your piece of furniture will be as individual as you are!
How does it work?
- Select one of our pre made 350mm wide frames that are available in a variety of lengths:
*Reinforced with a steel bar
- Upholster your frame using foam, wadding, fabric, optional covered buttons and dust cover on the underside.
- Attach the legs (different heights and styles).
- Foam, wadding, covered buttons, dust cover
- Pine tapered legs (other leg options are available at an extra cost)
Skill required: Beginner
Length: 3.5 hours
Cost: $300-$380 plus leg upgrade if applicable
What will you learn:
- How to cut and staple the cover to the frame
- How to make and attach the optional covered buttons
- Create perfect vertical corners
- How to attach the dust cover
- How to attach the legs
- How to apply beeswax or furniture oil to the timber legs (The timber legs can be left raw so they can be stained a colour of your choice at home)
What do you need to bring:
- 0.8m of fabric*
- Medium-heavy weight cottons, cotton/linen blends, cotton canvas, upholstery weight fabrics
- Fabric will be available for purchase on the day.
- Quilting weight fabric
- Really thick upholstery fabrics as they are bulky and hard to work with
- Stripes and checks as they are difficult to pattern match
- Fabrics that are shiny or have a sheen to them as they show up any imperfections more readily than fabrics with a dull finish.
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop.
Buying your ticket