Bench Seats and Footstools
Saturday 13 March
13 March @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$280.00 – $350.00
Stamp your flair on your home with a practical piece of occasional furniture. You choose the size and height to suit your own needs….a footstool to place in front of your favourite arm chair, a bench seat for the foot of your bed, extra seating for your living space, a signature piece to add impact in an entry hall!
This piece of furniture is simple to make yet looks a $million!
With a choice of different lengths, different leg styles and optional covered buttons, your piece of furniture will be as individual as you are!
How does it work?
- Select one of our pre made 350mm wide frames that are available in a variety of lengths:
*Reinforced with a steel bar
- Upholster your frame using foam, wadding, fabric, optional covered buttons and dust cover on the underside.
- Attach the legs (different heights and styles).
- Foam, wadding, covered buttons, dust cover
- Pine tapered legs (other leg options are available at an extra cost)
Skill required: Beginner
Length: 3.5 hours
Cost: $280-$350 plus leg upgrade if applicable
What will you learn:
- How to cut and staple the cover to the frame
- How to make and attach the optional covered buttons
- Create perfect vertical corners
- How to attach the dust cover
- How to attach the legs
- How to apply beeswax or furniture oil to the timber legs (The timber legs can be left raw so they can be stained a colour of your choice at home)
What do you need to bring:
- 0.8m of fabric*
- Medium-heavy weight cottons, cotton/linen blends, cotton canvas, upholstery weight fabrics
- Fabric will be available for purchase on the day.
- Quilting weight fabric
- Really thick upholstery fabrics as they are bulky and hard to work with
- Stripes and checks as they are difficult to pattern match
- Fabrics that are shiny or have a sheen to them as they show up any imperfections more readily than fabrics with a dull finish.
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.
Buying your ticket