Bed Head – Piped and Buttoned
Saturday 7 July
Saturday 7 July 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm$280.00 – $360.00
You can create your own upholstered bed head with Ministry of Handmade.
We will guide you step by step teaching basic upholstery skills along the way including making piping and attaching covered buttons.
This is not a beginners workshop. It is designed for those who have done some basic sewing skills.
We will provide a bed head base that is prepared with wadding. Also included are:
- The use of all tools including staple guns and upholstery tools
- Sewing machines
- Upholstery consumables
- Two horizontal rows of buttons at approximately 160mm spacing (if you want another row or buttons closer together then the extra buttons will be charged separately at $3 each on the day of the workshop).
- Your choice of two timber legs or a wall bracket.
Fabric of your choice. Please phone Julie on 0414 467 405 prior to purchasing your fabric, to discuss quantities, button choices, etc.
In this workshop learn how to:
- Make covered piping
- Tension and attach fabric using a staple gun
- Use of back tacking strips
- Attaching covered buttons
- Attaching a back dust cover
- Use upholstery tools
Cost: Varies on the size of your bed head.
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.