Sunday 21 July
Sunday 21 July 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Basic upholstery workshop in McKinlay.
For Costs and Bookings: Please contact Hannah Brodie by email – email@example.com
Learn how to professionally recover your chair/chairs so that they look like new!
We’ll provide all the tools and materials you’ll need with the exception of your fabric.
No sewing involved.
This workshop is perfect for beginners who want to get a taste of upholstery. We’ll teach you about the tools and materials required and our tips and tricks to create a professional finished look!
- A simple chair or stool with a removable upholstered seat pad. (Please note that all participants need to submit a photo of their project for approval prior to the workshop. Renovation of the frame/structure of the furniture piece is not included in this workshop. )
- Upholstery fabric for recovering.
- A staple remover. (We will have these available for sale if you don’t have one.)
- Small pair of pliers
- Use of staplers and all other tools
Please note: Any other materials required (eg. foam, wadding, jute webbing) will incur a small surcharge on the day.
What will you learn?
- How to remove existing upholstery
- Preparing seat pad for new upholstery
- Attaching foam and wadding as required
- Application of fabric
- Finishing the under side
Facilitator: Julie Hillier
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.