Retro Stool Rescue!!
This was such a quick easy makeover. Yesterday this stool was quite unremarkable… rusty metal legs, tired and worn yellow vinyl upholstery and a wobbly seat. Today it is looking so spiffy I could hug it!!!
My process was:
- Remove seat and take off old upholstery.
- Sand the metal frame.
- Spray the frame with two coats of gloss black spray paint.
- Scour the stash for a piece of suitably bright and graphic fabric with a retro vibe. Found a scrap of Marimekko fabric left from another project, yay!!!
- Trace a pattern for the new cover.
- Cut, stitch and top stitch the cover.
- Staple the new cover in place.
- Staple dust cover to base of seat.
- Reattach seat.
- Happy dance ?!!
In total this project cost me $15 which was the original cost of the stool… everything else I had on hand.