My daughter has very classic taste and wanted her wedding headpiece to be very simple. She had seen a idea she liked in a magazine so we went about adapting that.
I cut narrow strips on the bias from the dupion silk of her dress (I had shortened the hem so we had some spare) and the leftover silk organza lining of her lace top. These strips were stitched and turned through then cut into lengths to start making the petals of the flower. They were basically layered around in a circle then stitched together. All the ends in the centre were covered using extra pearls from the beading on the neckline of the top.
The bridesmaids wore a similar flower made using the leftover fabric from their silk wraps.