upcycle

68/100: 100 Days of Making

Gave it the chop!!

This top started its journey with me as part of a stash of vintage fabric gifted to me by a casual acquaintance. I first made a dress out of it using my Audrey Dress pattern. It was fully lined and I wore it for several years. About a year ago I […]

63/100: 100 Days of Making

Recycled Denim Apron!

I’ve just spent a wonderful afternoon with Jane Milburn @textilebeat prototyping a denim apron for a workshop at Makers Escape Montville, our creative workshop retreat being held in May. Jane will be running this great workshop, leading people step-by-step through several options for turning old jeans into a new usable product. A […]

55/100: 100 Days of Making

Spoilt for choice!

Today I have short-listed these patterns so that tonight I can make a start on a pair of wide leg pants using this navy and white paisley rayon. I have quite an extensive collection of patterns…. many I have been given, but also a lot purchased over the years, with some dating […]

42/100: 100 Days of Making:

Recycled old dining room chairs become ottoman legs!

Maurice carefully transforms old dining room chair legs into gorgeous legs for our ottoman workshops. This morning he made a set of four hardwood legs for a Slim Jim ottoman for Lindi! They came up a treat after a coat of beeswax and perfectly complemented her French […]

41/100: 100 Days of Making

Lampshade Makeover.

As they say, “Rome wasn’t built in a day!” We have slowly, but by bit, been reinventing our living room since April last year. We are nearly there; the big jobs are done (painting and furniture reupholstery) and it is just the small finishing touches left to do. I am working with a […]

40/100: 100 Days of Making

Retro Stool Rescue!!

This was such a quick easy makeover. Yesterday this stool was quite unremarkable… rusty metal legs, tired and worn yellow vinyl upholstery and a wobbly seat. Today it is looking so spiffy I could hug it!!!

My process was:

  1. Remove seat and take off old upholstery.
  2. Sand the metal frame.
  3. Spray the frame […]

33/100: 100 Days of Making

Another recycled wire basket put to good use! I created a new planter using an old wire basket that had originally been wrapped in banana leaf. (This is a cousin to the wire basket that became a bird bath in the post from Day 8.)

I am on a mission to use up the odd […]

28/100: 100 Days of Making

Cane Chair Reborn

This chair was originally a kerbside find! It was minus cushions and the webbing was very stretched, although it was structurally sound. I replaced the webbing, added new foam and wadding, and gave it a general tidy up before offering it for sale on Instagram. The person who purchased it asked me […]

3/100 Days of Making

In the garden…managed to grab this pic before I headed in from the rain this morning.

As part of our landscaping project in the backyard, we have just made a ramp for easy access for the wheelbarrow from our new games lawn to the lower part of the garden. We wanted to create a beach […]