Save money by creating your own designer-look seat covers. Bring your own piece of foam* for your project (bench seat, lounge chair, sofa, etc) and learn the professional techniques to make a zippered seat cover, with or without piping.
In this workshop we’ll discuss various techniques and materials required for covering a foam seat cushion and talk about the best option for your project. You’ll go home with set of notes including Julie’s “formula” for calculating how to measure and cut your fabric for future seat cushion projects as well as new found confidence!!
Time: 4 hours
- *Foam: If you are having a piece of foam cut for your project and are unsure about sizing (foam should always be cut a little bigger than the final size you require), please email Julie.
- Fabric: Email us the size of your foam cushion and we’ll calculate how much material you will need.
- Zipper: Upholstery zips can be purchased from Ministry of Handmade on the day of the workshop.
- Piping: Upholstery grade piping can be purchased from Ministry of Handmade on the day of the workshop.
- Wadding: Upholstery grade wadding can be purchased from Ministry of Handmade on the day of the workshop.
Sewing machines, tapes, scissors, pins and all other equipment
Interested in the next workshop?
If this workshop is full or the listed date is unsuitable for you, please check our newsletter for advanced notice of our next available workshop, or you can send me an email to arrange a private lesson for a time that suits you.