Stitching some comfort for homeless women and children
On Thursday 29 June from 6:30pm to 9:00pm we are holding a Community Sewing Evening to make rag quilts. Come for the evening or as long as you can.
The finished quilts will be donated to women’s shelters.
How can you be involved?
There are a number of ways people can be involved:
- Come along on the sewing day and help by cutting, sorting and stitching the quilt squares
- Come along on the sewing day and make cups of tea!
- Donate money towards fabric and wadding so that we can make as many quilts as possible
- Take the finished quilts home and wash them several times to create the soft frayed rag edges
Date and time:
Anytime between 6:30pm and 9:00pm on Thursday 29 June.
Supper will be provided.
Ministry of Handmade Studio
11 Eclipse Street
Bridgeman Downs Q 4035
What to bring:
- Your own machine if you prefer to use it
- Sewing thread
Yes, I want to come!
If you are interested in joining in please let us know by completing the form below: