This workshop is a slightly different format to my usual Advent Bunting workshop because it is being promoted through Brown Owls. So it is less expensive!
Make your own advent bunting with pockets for sweets, little notes or holiday activity suggestions. This would look great hanging in anyone’s home and could become a treasured part of your family’s Christmas traditions.
Bring your own fabric for the flags and header tape and combine it with the hand stamped numbered panels (1 – 24) from Ministry of Handmade. At the workshop, cut your own fabric pieces, learn the basics of how it goes together and start stitching your bunting. This project will take slightly longer than two hours allocated but can easily be finished off at home. Fabric may be purchase from Ministry of Handmade if required. Please arrive 10 minutes early if you need to make a fabric selection.
Experience required: Although this is a basic course it is not a learn to sew session so participants need to be familiar with using a sewing machine.
- .4m of fabric for header tape
- .5m for flag backs
- .5m for flag fronts (Can be the same as the backs if you wish or a contrasting fabric)
- Matching thread
- Rotary cutter and/or mat if you have them
- Scissors and pins
Please note – the fabric requirements are based on fabric that is 110cm wide
- Sewing machines but you may bring your own if you wish
- Hand stamped numbered panels
- Mood music and scintillating conversation!
- Tea and coffee… Please bring something small to share for supper.
Payment option information